sexta-feira, 21 de maio de 2010

Some phrasal verbs

Hey students,
You always want to find a way to learn PHRASAL VERBS for good (forever), right? However, there´s no magic, unfortunetely.... you must memorize them!
There are some categories of phrasal verbs, though.
They can be:

INSEPARABLE
You can never separate the verb from the preposition:
LOOK FOR
I´m looking for my keys.
You cannot say "I´m looking my keys for", for example. The verb never gets separated from the prepostion.

SEPARABLE
In this case, you can separate the verb from the prepostion
I´m going to pick up my mother OR I´m going to pick MY MOTHER up.
A third option is also possible, you can substitute the object for a pronoun. In this case, the pronoun WILL ALWAYS COME IN THE MIDDLE:
I´m going to pick HER up (RIGHT)
I´m going to pick up HER (WRONG)

For more phrasal verbs examples and exercises, go to www.englishclub.com to the vocabulary section.
The important thing to keep in mind is to memorize a few phrasal verbs per day, per week. If you memorize 5 phrasal verbs per week, imagine how many you will have learned in a year! Pay attention to movies, songs, books and magazines that you´re accustomed to reading/watching/seeing.

Enjoy the weekend!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário