quarta-feira, 29 de setembro de 2010

The importance of WRITING




Hi everyone!
As you must have noticed, the previous postings have been about Student's assignments.
I'm very excited to find out that, not only most of my students enjoy doing these tasks, that is, looking for a current events article, read, check the vocab and write about it, but many readers, from many parts of the world, are enjoying READING these writings.
This for me is extremely rewarding, as I am an avid reader and an "experimental writer" myself.
The sad thing is that, many people do not understand the importance of writing, especially if they are learning a new language.
Writing should always be a priority; it's when you write that you realize what you know and what you don't know. Also, it's an extremely rich way to improve your vocabulary and knowledge about current events and other cultures.
I hope that these samples can help you to bear in mind the importance of DAILY reading and WEEKLY writing. As you can see, these assignments are intelligent and simple. My students tell me that it takes them between 20 minutes to 60 minutes to read and prepare this assignment.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário