quinta-feira, 10 de março de 2011

International Women's Day









Congratulations, Women from all over the World! It's the centenary of this very very VERY important day!
Okay, I know I'm 2 days late, but still, I'm here today to post some links related to the International Women's Day, March 8th:

This is the official website:http://internationalwomensday.org/
and there's also:

Here's a top 100 list from the Guardian:

BBC:

A nice cover from Newsweek magazine from 1960: "young wives with brains"


16 of the most rebellious women on history from time.com- a photogallery:http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2057714,00.html

And here is a short list from my favorite women in fiction:
Jo March- Little Women
Anne of Green Gables
Isabel Archer- the Portrait of a Lady
Rosa Ambrósio- As horas nuas
Daisy Miller
Catherine Slope- Washington Square
Isabel- A marca de uma lágrima
Charlotte- Charlotte's web (well... she's a female spider, but I guess it counts!)

Well, well, well... What else to say?
I pay here my homage to so many SPETACULAR women whom I know and also to some famous women in history that somehow have influenced my life.

HAPPY CENTENARY!!!!






Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário