terça-feira, 6 de julho de 2010

Story of success- my former pupil Julia tells about her life in college in the USA.






Oh, I DO love my profession and my dearest students!
I´ve been asking some of my students to share a bit here on the blog!
This is from Júlia. She was my SAT/TOEFL student in 2009 and now she lives in New Jersey studying at NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) and playing volleyball!!!
You make me so proud! Thank you!
Here is a brief testimonial about her life in the USA:

“Read, read and read”

This is what Andrea used to say all the time! And unfortunately this is the best way to memorize the crazy vocabulary that our adorable SAT demands haha

My third year of High School was not easy, but I can tell you that all that work was definitely worthy. Now I’m living in New Jersey, where I study and play volleyball for NJIT, my university. It’s a new life that I love, and even though Americans have a bad reputation about being rude and stupid I think that 95% of them are pretty cool!

As a student-athlete I have to take seriously my responsibilities with studying and practicing, but of course that we can always find an extra time for having fun too haha

I’m not gonna lie, the first weeks outside the country are hard, but after a while you get used to it and start enjoying college. Now I’m on vacation in Brazil and I can’t wait to get back soon! I miss a lot everything there!

Whoever wants to go and try a new life as foreigner, I say: go forward! AAh, and don’t forget to do EVERYTHING Andrea asks!!! hahaha

Good Luck J

Julia



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário